When the Association was established in 1985 Yogacharya BKS Iyengar directed that the Association membership be opened to all those interested in Iyengar Yoga. It provides a network of information about Iyengar Yoga and Yoga events in Australia. By joining the Association it is an opportunity to express appreciation of Mr. Iyengar’s work and to support and communicate with others who share a love of yoga.
Membership also ensures the continuation of support for Iyengar teachers and the promotion of yoga as a healthy way of life to the Australian community.
To join please click: New Member Application and read the directions for payment carefully. Please note when joining, our year runs from July to June and we do not pro-rata.
If you are already a financial member and wish to register as a trainee please contact: email@example.com NB:you need to be a registered trainee to apply for assessment.
- A quarterly e-newsletter
- Access to past issues of Yoga vaani
- Access the Association Library
- Access to and discounts on events sponsored by the Association
- Facilitated subscription to Yoga Rahasya (International Iyengar yoga journal published in India)
- Access to classes at the Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute in Pune, India
- The facility to commence and complete teacher training in the Iyengar method.
To Join – Credit Card Payment
If you wish to pay by credit card please read the application form carefully before completing your credit card details. Be assured when using credit card for payment that your details will be noted, processed and then destroyed.