To attend classes the RIMYI, Pune you must apply directly to the Secretary of the Institute.
It is important to note that classes are generally booked out two to three years in advance. There are pre-requisites for classes which have been set by the Institute:
The RIMYI stipulates that
- you should have been practicing Iyengar Yoga for at least 8 years and should include a regular practice of inverted postures such as Sirsasana, Sarvangasana for 8-10 minutes.
- before attending classes that you should have read, at the minimum, the introductory chapter to Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar and be familiar with the terms and principles covered in that chapter.
- Women should know what is to be practised during menstruation.
The application form
- can be downloaded from www.bksiyengar.com
- must be accompanied by a deposit of $150US (you will need to purchase an International Draft/Cheque from your bank).
- must be endorsed by a certified teacher
- must be accompanied by a letter from the Association confirming that you are a financial member. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- must be sent to the Secretary, RIMYI, 1107/BI Hare Krishna Mandir Road, Shivaji Nagar, Pune, 411 016.
will not be accepted by e-mail.
Please note the right to admission is reserved by the RIMYI. On receipt of the application an acceptance letter and the schedule is mailed to those who are granted permission to attend the classes. Admissions have to be reconfirmed by the student at least two months in advance and will commence the first of June, August, October and December. The cost of tuition, as of today, is $375US per month and is subject to change.
Students will not be permitted to the classes if they do not present the acceptance letter when they arrive at the RIMYI. The schedule for classes – 6 classes per week for a maximum of two months – will be given to the student on arrival and cannot be changed.
It is important to note that certificates will not be issued at the end of the student’s classes. There is no accommodation available at the Institute and students have to make their own arrangements for lodging.
Correspondence must be addressed to:
Mr. Pandurang Rao, Secretary RIMYI,
1107/B1 Hare Krishna Mandir Road, Shivaji Nagar,
Pune 411 016, India
T: +91 20 565 6134
Office hours (Indian Standard Time – 4 hours AEST)
9am to 11am: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
4pm to 6pm: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
Application form can be downloaded from www.bksiyengar.com